Corporate and Social Responsibility
Fox aims to embed Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) into everything it does and to be a responsible company and employer.
To this end we have set the following objectives:
• Meet, and where possible, exceed all relevant legal requirements.
• Behave with honesty and integrity in all our activities and relationships with others.
• Act ethically and fairly at all times in our dealings with our stakeholders.
• Maintain internal controls adequate to ensure standards are met.
Managing our environmental impacts
• Maintain our policies and work towards certification to ISO 14001.
• Continually improve our environmental performance wherever practicable and prevent pollution.
• Make the most efficient and effective use of all resources, encouraging all staff to develop a sustainable approach to their work.
• Minimise carbon emissions from business travel by avoiding unnecessary travel and travelling by public transport unless there are reasons why this is not practicable or if there are other circumstances that would impede efficiency or effectiveness.
• Encourage staff to use sustainable modes of transport to commute to work.
• Identify and implement cost-effective energy and water conservation measures.
• Reduce the amount of waste generated and disposed to landfill through a waste minimisation and recycling programme.
• Manage our grounds and buildings in an environmentally and biodiversity-sensitive manner.
• Develop and implement a sustainable and socially responsible procurement policy that will include consideration of CSR in all tender evaluations.
• Work with our suppliers to help us achieve our sustainable and socially responsible procurement policy aspirations in the delivery of our products and services.
• Support the principles of fair trade and aim to purchase only fair trade tea and coffee for meetings through our catering provider.
• Respect the rights and dignity of every employee and treat them fairly and without discrimination.
• Promote the health and well-being of our staff.
• Encourage team working and the sharing of knowledge throughout the organisation.
• Provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees.
In the community
• Enable staff who wish to undertake voluntary activities to do so.
• Enable our staff to continue to support at least one charitable organisation every year through voluntary fundraising activities, and to give them the time and opportunity to participate in charitable events.
Working with the sector
• Make sustainable development a central part of our strategy for the future development of the higher education sector.
• As part of our policy-making process, identify possible impacts on sustainable development and on equality and diversity. Where possible, take action to enhance positive impacts and mitigate negative ones.
Recognise that we have a role in contributing to the Government’s and society’s commitments to sustainable development.
• To inform our suppliers of our CSR policy and our expectations of them in relation to this and for this information to be contained in 95% of our contracts (by number).
• To continue to measure the well-being of our staff through the staff survey, ensuring that we continue to match or exceed the external benchmark on staff satisfaction.
Monitoring and review
Fox will specifically abide by local and international regulations such as may be laid down by relevant bodies and authorities; either governmental or particular to our industry. We expect our supply chain to abide in a similar way to their own local regulations and others that may be promoted to them for the purposes of complying with our accreditations etc.
We will continually evaluate what we do in order to improve our CSR performance and we will test our supply chain for compliance with our standards. Where evidence is found that a company or organisation is not compliant, action will be taken to escalate the issue for a resolution.
The ultimate sanction for a supply chain partner which is not compliant will be to remove them from our supply process and any relationship with Fox that they may have.
Our CSR policy will be promoted and publicized to the public; our customers and to our suppliers and employees by various methods including through our website (see “Our Ethics” and “Corporate and Social Responsibility” tabs.
Colleagues will be familiarised through training courses and our suppliers and partners will receive regular bulletins and reminders about our CSR policy and requirements, including a survey to establish what they have set in place themselves.
40 Years Experience